Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bailey's Barely Flare

Today's favorite fall ready-to-wear looks will be...
BURBERRY PRORSUM


I chose this collection today because tomorrow is supposed to be pretty cold here in New York... and I can't be more excited! I have been dying for it to really feel like fall. I've had enough of summer clothes and sandals. And as you guys know, here at fashionfortherecord we lovelovelove layers!

 Christopher Bailey has done it again, and Burberry Prorsum remains on my list of season favorites!



 If someone asked me to choose the one thing I loved most about this collection, it would have to be the perfectly flared pants. They're basically the offspring of a boot cut and 70s flare leg...
Lucky for you, that was completely hypothetical and no one is actually asking me to choose my favorite aspect of the collection, so rant on I shall! Despite the looks I chose, the color palette was actually quite varied, and included everything from bright blue to burnt orange to cowhide black and white. While color was versatile, the looks themselves were not. But I'm not complaining! Basically: trim coats, barely flared pants, and sweaters with a mod look to them. Of course you've got embellishments like over-sized sleeves, black minx, and military detailing...but that's really the jist of it!
xoxo Valeria