Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cooking up a Storm

 Before I start this post, I need to apologize in advance to my girl Valeria.  She wanted to do this with us but she was on vacation! However, it is most definitely happening again, so she need not worry. Love you Valeria. 


 {Chips and guac! Great recipe here}


{Easy falafel recipe here}

{Frying our falafels, we used safflower oil}



{Looks and tastes like chicken nuggets! I was beyond happy.}



 {Mashing our dessert: BANANA ICE CREAM! You literally use one ingredient...frozen bananas.} 






I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I have been a vegan for about 4 months now.  This means I don't eat meat along with anything that comes from an animal (no cheese, milk, etc.)  So my Valeria, being the fantastic friend she is, bought me a vegan cookbook for my birthday! I've made 3 or 4 things from it so far and everything was a huge hit. Especially these falafels and the guacamole!  I can't wait for her to get her booty over my house so I can cook this exact meal for her.  Being a vegan I haven't had chicken in the longest time, so this was like a mock chicken nugget for me (made of chickpeas.)  I felt like I was cheating!! DOn't even get me started with the ice ream...you could never tell that it was JUST bananas, it felt like it should be unhealthy yet...it was just bananas. I could have that stuff for breakfast if I wanted to, and believe me, I plan on it.  So even if you're not vegan, try these recipes, you won't regret it!

xoxo Liz